By Erik Dahlman
This ebook specializes in LTE with complete updates together with LTE-Advanced (Release-11) to supply an entire photograph of the LTE system. special reasons are given for the newest LTE criteria for radio interface structure, the actual layer, entry tactics, broadcast, relaying, spectrum and RF features, and process performance.
Key applied sciences provided comprise multi-carrier transmission, complicated single-carrier transmission, complex receivers, OFDM, MIMO and adaptive antenna ideas, radio source administration and protocols, and assorted radio community architectures. Their function and use within the context of cellular broadband entry ordinarily is defined, giving either a high-level assessment and extra designated step by step explanations.
This e-book is a must have source for engineers and different execs within the telecommunications undefined, operating with mobile or instant broadband applied sciences, giving an figuring out of ways to make use of the hot expertise that allows you to remain prior to the competition.
New to this edition:
- In-depth description of CoMP and more desirable multi-antenna transmission together with new reference-signal constructions and suggestions mechanisms
- Detailed description of the help for heterogeneous deployments supplied through the newest 3GPP release
- Detailed description of recent more advantageous downlink control-channel constitution (EPDDCH)
- New RF configurations together with operation in non-contiguous spectrum, multi-bands base stations and new frequency bands
- Overview of 5G as a suite of well-integrated radio-access applied sciences, together with aid for larger frequency bands and versatile spectrum administration, sizeable antenna configurations, and ultra-dense deployments
- Covers a whole replace to the most recent 3GPP Release-11
- Two new chapters on HetNet, protecting small cells/heterogeneous deployments, and CoMP, together with Inter-site coordination
- Overview of present prestige of LTE unencumber 12 together with additional improvements of local-area, CoMP and multi-antenna transmission, Machine-type-communication, Device-to-device communication
Read Online or Download 4G LTE-LTE-advanced for mobile broadband PDF
Similar radio operation books
A part of the second one version of the best-selling RF and Microwave guide, this useful and sharply concentrated consultant examines the newest passive and lively applied sciences that depend upon RF and microwave know-how. the expansion of instant expertise over the last decade has been huge, immense, and this conscientiously edited ebook discusses the most recent advancements and applied sciences impacting the instant box.
When you are desirous about designing, construction, promoting or regulating UWB units, this concise and functional consultant to UWB know-how, criteria, legislation, and highbrow estate concerns will quick convey you up-to-speed. choked with useful insights, implementation guidance, and alertness examples, necessities of UWB is a must have source for instant execs operating within the box.
With the elevated use of cell phones and laptop instant innovations, a necessity has built for a publication which gives scholars and with services in radio and microwave engineering. this crucial textual content has been written with those goals in brain. *Provides a accomplished path in radio and microwave engineering*Includes CD-ROM, containing the CAD package deal PUFF 2.
This e-book is exclusive in featuring channels, options and criteria for the following new release of MIMO instant networks. via a unified framework, it emphasizes how propagation mechanisms effect the approach functionality less than real looking energy constraints. Combining a superb mathematical research with a actual and intuitive method of space-time sign processing, the booklet gradually derives cutting edge designs for space-time coding and precoding in addition to multi-user and multi-cell thoughts, considering that MIMO channels are frequently faraway from perfect.
- GSM, GPRS and EDGE Performance: Evolution Towards 3G/UMTS
- Antennas for VHF and UHF (BP)
- Contemporary Coding Techniques and Applications for Mobile Communications
- Encyclopedia of Black Radio in the United States, 1921-1955
Additional resources for 4G LTE-LTE-advanced for mobile broadband
It should be noted, though, that a smaller subcarrier spacing can be used with only limited inter-subcarrier interference. 6 Theoretical WCDMA spectrum. 22 A second drawback of multi-carrier transmission is that, similar to the use of higher-order modulation, the parallel transmission of multiple carriers will lead to larger variations in the instantaneous transmit power. Thus, similar to the use of higher-order modulation, multicarrier transmission will have a negative impact on the transmitter power-amplifier efficiency, implying increased transmitter power consumption and increased power-amplifier cost.
3. It consists of a bank of Nc complex modulators, where each modulator corresponds to one OFDM subcarrier. 1) 4G: LTE/LTE-Advanced for Mobile Broadband. 00003-9 Copyright Ó 2014 Erik Dahlman, Stefan Parkvall and Johan Sko¨ld. Published by Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved. 4. 2 OFDM subcarrier spacing ðmÞ where xk(t) is the kth modulated subcarrier with frequency fk ¼ k $ Df and ak is the, generally complex, modulation symbol applied to the kth subcarrier during the mth OFDM symbol intervaldthat is, during the time interval mTu t < (m þ 1)Tu.
Thus, to be able to optimize performance to different environments, some OFDM-based systems support multiple cyclic-prefix lengths. The various cyclic-prefix lengths can then be used in different transmission scenarios: • Shorter cyclic prefix in small-cell environments to minimize the cyclic-prefix overhead. • Longer cyclic prefix in environments with extreme time dispersion and especially in the case of SFN operation. 1, one of the drawbacks of multi-carrier transmission is the corresponding large variations in the instantaneous transmit power, implying a reduced power-amplifier efficiency and higher mobile-terminal power consumption; alternatively, that the power-amplifier output power has to be reduced with a reduced range as a consequence.