By Walter J. Boyne
Written via greater than a hundred foreign students and specialists, this encyclopedia chronicles the participants, gear, and drama of approximately a century of aerial combat.
• greater than 900 A–Z entries 0 in at the first, the easiest, the worst, the quickest, the top, the latest
• Contributions from a few a hundred most sensible overseas experts―many with wrestle experience
• Lavish set of illustrations with various images together with the Mitsubishi G4M built with the Okha suicide missile, the crimson Baron, and the 1st all-female aircrew of the U.S. Air Force
• Maps starting from the Western entrance as stabilized in 1915 to the Persian Gulf warfare in 1991
Read or Download Air warfare: an international encyclopedia PDF
Similar historical study & educational resources books
Viking marauders of their longships burst during the defences of ninth-century Europe, outstanding terror into the hearts of peasants and rulers alike for 2 centuries. however the Vikings have been greater than simply marine warriors and this atlas indicates their improvement as investors and craftsmen, explorers, settlers and mercenaries.
A thorough survey of the origins and improvement of the foremost designated American advertisement entertainments that emerged among over the process the nineteenth century and into the twentieth, together with P. T. Barnum_s American Museum, freak exhibit, and circus, in addition to blackface minstrelry, Buffalo Bill_s Wild West express, and vaudeville.
This assortment examines the influence of East Asian faith and tradition at the public sphere, outlined as an idealized discursive enviornment that mediates the legit and personal spheres. Contending that the actors and brokers at the fringes of society have been instrumental in shaping the general public sphere in conventional and sleek East Asia, it considers how those outliers give a contribution to non secular, highbrow, and cultural conversation within the public sphere.
- Chants Democratic: New York City and the Rise of the American Working Class, 1788-1850, 20th Anniversary Edition
- The Wiley-Blackwell Dictionary of Modern European History Since 1789
- The Americas: World Boundaries Volume 4: Volume 1 (World Boundaries Series)
- The History of Cartography, Volume 2, Book 2: Cartography in the Traditional East and Southeast Asian Societies
- Historical Dictionary of Malaysia (Historical Dictionaries of Asia, Oceania, and the Middle East)
Extra resources for Air warfare: an international encyclopedia
Aeroflot deployed them everywhere, and quite a few were exported. The An-10 became the standard equipment for the Arctic regions and started a Great Circle route from Moscow to Khabarovsk, via northern Siberia, in August 1960. In a similar way, Andrei Tupolev’s Tu-114 was remarkable, being for several years the largest and longest-range airliner in the world. It was also the first Soviet-built airliner to be operated by a noncommunist airline, when Japan Air Lines used it for its TokyoMoscow service.
Washington, DC: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1995. braer. In 1985, Aeritalia acquired aero-engine manufacturer Alfa Romeo Avio and, later, a 40 percent share in Piaggio. A turning point in the gradual development of the Aeritalia space business was the European Space Agency’s Spacelab, flown on STS-9 Columbia in November 1983. S. Spacelab and European Columbus. In the launcher field,Aeritalia built the structures of the Alfa rocket for the Italian Ministry of Defense and then the liquid propellant tanks for Europe’s Ariane missile.
Aerial refueling is a force extender and a force multiplier. S. deployment for the Gulf War, as well as later peacekeeping and contingency operations, were accelerated by the ability to move fighters and cargo aircraft rapidly using aerial refueling. Whether expediting humanitarian aid, providing loiter time to combat air patrols, or supporting strike missions halfway across the globe, aerial refueling has proven an invaluable resource. Thirteen nations have this capability: Canada, China, France, Israel, Italy, Netherlands, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom, and United States.